Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dream Emmy Noms

Because I'm back from location for the time being, have internet access and a bit of time on my hands, but have neither the energy to write nor to think about The Ex List or Project Gary or Eleventh Hour or Life on Mars (which, yay, the leaked online copy was the final David E. Kelley cut, not the rough cut I'd barely stomached before).

Anyway, in my limited world view... and I know, this is so a month in advance of the nominations coming out, I mean, the lists haven't even been cut down to 10 or 15 possibilities for the blue ribbon panels... also, I don't watch Big Love, yes, I've heard it was amazing this season, but, well, I don't watch it so no noms for it from me!

Please note, I may accidentally miscategorize a couple actors and actresses, sometimes (especially on ensemble shows) you never know whether they've put themselves up for supporting or for lead.

Also, it is so refreshing to have a year without The Sopranos filling every drama category!

Best Drama
- The Wire
- Lost
- Mad Men
- House
- Brothers & Sisters
It pains me to not include BSG... but, well, I didn't love a good chunk of this half season. And FNL, oh, you recovered so well late in the game, but the first half was just poorly played (and, no, I couldn't resist that). Also Bones left such a wretched taste in my mouth at the end of the season that it took it out of the running (but a season stopping at the strike episodes? It would've been there).

Lead Drama Actor
- Dominic West (The Wire)
- Hugh Laurie (House)
- Jon Hamm (Mad Men)
- Michael C. Hall (Dexter)
- Kyle Chandler (Friday Night Lights)

Lead Drama Actress
- Mary McDonnell (Battlestar Galactica)
- Sally Field (Brothers & Sisters)
- Glenn Close (Damages)
- Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer)
- Ellen Pompeo (Grey's Anatomy... okay, I know, controversial, but did you notice how when you stopped caring about Meredith one way or the other, you stopped caring about the show? That takes skillz)

Supporting Drama Actor
- Michael Emerson (Lost)
- Jeremy Davies (Lost)
- Dave Annable (Brothers & Sisters)
- Andre Royo (The Wire)
- Ed Westwick (Gossip Girl... you know you love him... again, couldn't resist... and so never going to happen)
-- (no, but seriously) Matthew Rhys (Brothers & Sisters)

Supporting Drama Actress
- Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica)
- Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica)
- Rachel Griffiths (Brothers & Sisters)
- Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men)
- January Jones (Mad Men)

Best Comedy
- 30 Rock
- The Office
- Desperate Housewives
- How I Met Your Mother
- Pushing Daisies (because, looking back, yeah, I miss it despite the myriad of flaws)

Lead Comedy Actor
- Steve Carell (The Office)
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock)
- Jim Parsons (Big Bang Theory)
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother)
- Zachary Levi (Chuck... which I am guessing is being submitted as a comedy)

Lead Comedy Actress
- Tina Fey (30 Rock)
- America Ferrera (Ugly Betty)
- Mary Louise Parker (Weeds)
- Marcia Cross (Desperate Housewives)
- Dana Delany (Desperate Housewives)

Supporting Comedy Actor
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother)
- Jack McBrayer (30 Rock)
- John Krasinski (The Office)
- Rainn Wilson (The Office)
- Michael Urie (Ugly Betty)

Supporting Comedy Actress
- Alyson Hannigan (How I Met Your Mother, despite the disturbing continuing lack of red hair)
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother)
- Jenna Fischer (The Office)
- Becki Newton (Ugly Betty)
- Jane Krakowski (30 Rock)

No comments: