Saturday, May 16, 2009

ABC Pickups

Wow, ABC sure is picking up a lot of comedies this season (Modern Family, Cougar Town, The Middle, Awesome Hank, and of course renewals for Scrubs and Better Off Ted... they just couldn't let Scrubs die a slightly dignified death...) Here's hoping any of them are actually funny! Hm, and I totally recommended launching a couple new comedy blocks, didn't I (Next Season - ABC)?

On the drama side, the only mild shocker is that ABC picked up The Forgotten (which I panned). I've now seen the pilot and a review is forthcoming this weekend. ABC really wants a procedural hit, so, yes, I understand taking a chance on a Bruckheimer pilot (because it's not like CSI revitalized an entire genre or anything). No news yet on V, or on Empire State (sob!), but I'm hoping that ABC and WBTV can work something out for V that (a) lets Elizabeth Mitchell come back to Lost at least for some cameo-ing, and (b) gets the thing on the air. Make like NBC with Day One and do a limited series of it (because, y'know, the original V was a miniseries so we know it can work!)

2 comments:

TED said...

Travis,

Any likelyhood that INSIDE THE BOX, ROMANTICALLY CHALLENGED AND THE LAW will get picked up?

Anonymous said...

I am sick of the reality shows and sci-fi. Can we get a series that us middle aged men and women like to watch. I hear Empire State would fill my request. It is a rich man, poor man, romantic series. Something about the real world and what we are going through with the recession. It would kind of give us a better inside.