Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Plans for the 2011-2012 season

Hey all!

You may have noticed it's been a long, long time since I'd updated on things like ratings or crap I'm watching on the television machine, or what have you. Still in the throes of novel writing. It's an arduous, but rewarding process (that I'm happy to say / believe / hope that I'm improving on as I keep plugging away at this whole prose-writing)... and one that has been slowed down some by the Return of Day Job / End of Hiatus.

Anyway. Let's talk shop aka posting TV ratings.

Tonight kinda-sorta begins the roll-out of the 2011-2012 fall season with Ringer. It seems like final broadcast program averages do get out there without me having to type them up... which makes me happy. I will still provide 15-minute breakdowns of premiere episodes of new series, since I don't see those out there. So, look to here and twitter and wherever else decides to copy-and-paste to their own websites (and hopefully credit me).

Cable... at least until I'm done with this first draft phase of the novel, I'm still going to refrain from doing any cable ratings posting. I've been providing data to friends at http://www.thefutoncritic.com and will continue to do so, so check there for cable numbers.

I'll try to be better during the season, now that my busy, concentrated, laser-focus summer is done, with responding to twitter requests for specific show ratings / demo info in case they don't show up elsewhere.

XOXO

- Travis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you at the new Forum. www.tvmediainsights.com

Smallville944 said...

is it still possible for you to do atleast CW Shows W18-34 Ratings as i dont know where else to find them

mccollum said...

Great to hear you will be continuing the ratings reporting.

Will you be doing so on Marc's new forum (Address above) or just on your blog? Both?

Travis Yanan said...

@Smallville944

I'll tweet them.

@TV-aholic

Probably just here, since people around the interwebz copy-and-paste anyway and I unfortunately don't have a ton of time to get into back-and-forth forum analysis and conversations :(