Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Private Practice

Based on several recommendations on PIFeedback.com, I finally streamed last Thursday's episode of Private Practice (since next week it's the crossover, so I wanted to get a feel for the characters if it was worth the time).  Anyway, I haven't watched the show in a while and it seems like an ENTIRELY different show than what premiered in Fall 2007.  It's not early-Grey's good... but is it better than current-Grey's?  Yeah.  I think so.  At the very least it hasn't descended into ghost/Angel of Death Denny sex and heavy-handed metaphysical preponderance.  Yeah, it does have the life-or-death stakes in most/all of its cases, though I guess it tries to replace that with ethical quandaries.  But a generally enjoyable, watchable hour.

Addison is no longer Ally McBeal 2.0.  She may not be Addison from Season Two of Grey's Anatomy... but she's much closer to that than what she was made into at the start of this series.

Hm.

I still don't understand the point of the KaDee Strickland character.

No comments: