Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Joss Wants What It Wants

I don't understand why Fox would fuck around by altering what Joss Whedon had in mind for Dollhouse. As far as I'm concerned, the series started last night. Yeah, there's a bit of backstory and character connections that were made in the first five episodes, but "Man on the Street" felt, played, unfolded so much more like a pilot than, well, certainly the first episode of Dollhouse that aired.

Was it "game-changing"? Nah. Because there wasn't a lot of game going on to change. It was "game-starting".

I'm very pleased that I stuck with Dollhouse. Though I wish I could get the first five episodes wiped from my memory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, when are you going do some posts on the pilot scripts you have read. Would love to see some thoughts.

Travis Yanan said...

Will be getting around to it in a week or so. Am knee deep in writing a pilot at the moment, but the draft should be done by Friday, so I should be able to spend some time reviewing scripts.

Anonymous said...

Cool thanks. I love your take on the scripts.