Monday, February 18, 2008

The Return of CAPSLOCK

OH MY GOD IT'S BUBBLES! BUBBLES MAKES IT OUT OF BALTIMORE AND INTO THE EQUALLY HELLISH POST-APOCALYPTIC FUTURE OF THE TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES UNIVERSE!!!!

Anyway, I'm so convinced that Bubbles is going to bite the big one in The Wire that this guest star / cameo / whatever has made me exceedingly happy, even if this episode of SCC has been, um, how shall I say... not quite what I was expecting given the Fox promos.

But then again nothing ever is, so shame on me for being surprised by this.

Anyway, this episode has been interesting, but also narratively challenging because all of the "flashback" stuff is happening in Derek Reese's mind... while he fights death. So while the audience gets to see it, the characters don't. Which makes it unsatisfying (IMHO) because that puts the audience sooooo many steps ahead of the characters.

No comments: